- Don't Panic! Bed bugs are difficult pests to get rid of, but with the right experienced Pest Management Professional you can get total elimination within a short period of time.
- Do not use foggers or self-treat. Foggers are ineffective at killing bed bugs and self-treatment can make the infestation worse by causing them to spread.
- Do not throw out furniture. Almost everything can be treated and saved.
- Do not take things out of an infested room and move them to another room. Moving items from one room to another will spread the bed bugs.
- Do not start sleeping in a different room. The bed bugs will eventually find you and spread the infestation.
- Do not move during a bed bug infestation unless you absolutely must. You will likely bring them with you.
- Do try to save any bed bug you find to show your Pest Management Professional. You can use clear masking tape to trap one and stick it onto a white piece of paper.
- Reduce the amount of clutter as much as possible. Clutter provides bed bugs a safe place to hide and makes it hard for a Pest Management Professional to inspect and to treat.